With all the buzz of new engagements still in the air I know there are some couples who are very keen to get started on the planning process.
Having spoken with numerous wedding suppliers over the last couple of weeks it is evident from all that the next two years especially are going to be very busy for weddings with some suppliers already being fully booked for 2020!
So with that in mind I have decided to give you a little helping hand with your upcoming ‘wedmin’ duties and I have started with the first task couples undertake, choosing a wedding venue.
While this is an extremely exciting time you can sometimes get so caught up in it all that you forget to ask those all important questions. My advice is to bring a checklist of everything that you want to ask and do this for every venue you visit. It will make it a lot easier to compare them when you are trying to whittle it down to your favourite.
I have listed below my recommendations on what to ask your venue and if you click here – Wedding Venue Checklist you can print it out and bring it along with you.
Happy planning guys & dolls.
Love L x x
At Enquiry Stage
- Is your date free? – If not what dates are available around that date.
- How many guests can they cater for?
- Are children permitted at the venue?
- Are they licensed for ceremonies? – In the case of holding your ceremony there.
Let’s Get Started
- Do they have a dedicated in house co-ordinator?
- Is this person your contact throughout the planning process?
- Will they be present on your wedding day to oversee proceedings?
- Do they operate a one wedding per day policy?
- Is the venue available for exclusive use? – Is there a minimum number of guests required to avail of this?
- Are there any renovations or structural changes planned? – If this is subject to change how much notice is provided?
Food & Wine
- Is an arrival reception included in your package? – What does this include? How long is this served for?
- Does your package include menu options? – Are there extra charges for certain items?
- Is a children’s menu available?
- Are options available for different dietary requirements?
- Is there a meal tasting included in your package?
- If providing your own wine is there a corkage charge? – How much per bottle?
- What table centrepieces/flowers if any are included?
- Are chair covers/sashes provided? Will they be in your chosen colours?
- Are there any restrictions in regards to entertainment (sweet carts, prosecco bars, photo booths etc)?
- Can the room be rearranged to suit your styling?
- Do they provide any other decor such as red carpet, lanterns, cake stand etc?
- Do they provide place name cards, wedding menus, table plans?
- When can the venue be accessed to set up?
- When does the venue have to be cleared of all items? – Is this done by the hotel?
The Evening Reception
- Will the band be able to set up before the meal? – Where will they be set up?
- Will tables have to be removed for the dance floor?
- If not using a band or DJ can you link your iPod or laptop to their sound system?
- Is the evening reception food included in your package? – Are there options available?
- Will the kitchen cut up the wedding cake to be served in the evening?
- Is there a late bar options available? – How late is the bar open?
- Is there a bar extension charge?
- Is the bridal suite included in your package? – Can you avail of it the night before/after if required?
- Are the rooms for the parents included?
- Is there a discount rate offered to guests attending the wedding? – IS this dependant on a certain number of guests booking?
- Do they have a list of recommended bed & breakfasts or alternative hotels in the area?
- Do they have a recommended list of local taxi companies?
Final Few Checks
- Is the venue accessible for elderly and disabled guests?
- Can the venue offer a secure area to look after wedding gifts?
- If required can the bridal party use the venue facilities to get ready?
- Are there any extra insurances required?
- What deposit is required? – Is there a payment schedule?
- At what stage are final numbers required?
- Are there any costs incurred if numbers on the day differ from the final numbers?
- What is the cancellation policy?