An Introduction to Louise – The Girl Behind The Wand
Well hello my loves! Let me introduce myself, my name is Louise and I am the creator of Behind The Wand (formerly The Girl Behind The Wand). Having worked within the bridal industry for over 10 years now I have gathered a wealth of knowledge and I’m so excited to be able to share it with you all.
My love for weddings has run through my veins from a very young age. It wasn’t just the beautiful dress though that excited me I had a yearning to learn how the whole day was put together, how did they choose their bridal party, who made the flowers? So, after having my second child I took the plunge and opened my very own wedding planning company Fairy Godmother Weddings which was followed by the opening of my bridal boutique FG Bridal Couture.
Within these two companies I have had the pleasure of being involved in almost 2,000 weddings. I even managed to pick up some recognition for my services along the way:
* Top 5 Bridal Retailers Ireland – Bridal Buyer Awards 2016
* Top 3 Bridal Boutiques Ireland – Xpose FrockAdvisor Awards 2016
* Best Bridalwear Supplier Finalist Brides Choice Awards – Mrs2be.ie 2016
* Top 5 Bridalwear Supplier of the Year – Weddings Online 2015
* Best Bridal Boutique Ireland – Wedding Industry Expert Awards 2014
* Top 5 Bridalwear Supplier of the Year – Weddings Online 2014
* Top 100 Wedding Suppliers – Weddings Online 2014
* Best Newcomer Brides Choice Awards – Mrs2be.ie 2014
To name a few and The Girl Behind The Wand also gained some acknowledgement:
* New Yorker Hi Style Awards – The Devil Wears Prada Award 2017
* Shortlist for Irish Beauty Blog Awards 2017
* The Blog Awards Ireland – Best Wedding Blog 2018
* Cointreau Hi Style Awards – Best Wedding Blog 2018
My aim for The Girl Behind The Wand is to inspire you with our articles on venues and real weddings, guide you with my top tips on dress selection, centrepieces & DIY projects and advise you through what may seem like impossible tasks such as working out that dreaded table plan :-).
In addition to this I must introduce you to my partner in crime on this venture one of Irelands leading hair & beauty experts Oisin Ryan – The Guy Behind The Wand. Oisin is going to be on hand to offer you guidance through your skincare routines, hair dilemmas, and will be reviewing all of the latest products to give you the best insight into the world of hair and beauty.
I thoroughly hope you enjoy reading Behind The Wand as much as I do creating it. Should you ever have any questions or even some tips that you would like to share with our community please get in touch we would be delighted to hear from you.
Love L x